WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF PLANT HEALTH CARE?
Plant health care is a holistic approach to maintaining and improving tree and shrub health comprehensive techniques and products. The focus is on developing and maintaining healthy plants, so they become less susceptible to problems.
By caring for plants and trees each season, they grow healthier and can better resist pests and withstand difficult problems.
A Cambium arborist and tree expert will help predict and prevent problems before they happen.
If you’re already experiencing an issue with your plant or tree, we can help treat current issues and alleviate any potential long term effects.
An added bonus? Proactive tree care is almost always less expensive than the cost of treating an advanced problem or removing a large tree later on.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF PLANT HEALTH CARE?
The goal of plant health care programs is to proactively keep your trees healthy, so they can avoid entering a decline spiral.
Trees that experience continuing and on-going stress begin a cycle of decline. A tree struggling to survive no longer have the ability to thrive. Once they hit a critical point in this cycle, it becomes almost impossible to reverse the trend and nurse the tree back to health.
Through plant health care programs, we stop trees from hitting this point. Instead, we keep them healthy from the get-go.
If you’re already experiencing a problem with your tree or plant we can treat the issue to alleviate further problems.
HOW DO PLANT HEALTH CARE PROGRAMS WORK?
Here’s an example of how plant health care programs keep trees healthy.
Say you have a honey locust tree in your yard:
Your arborist inspects your trees and soil before recommending the following in your plant health care program:
- Expand the mulch ring around your tree.
- Address compacted soil. To see if your soil is compacted, try the screwdriver test. The day after it has rained, you should be able to easily push a screwdriver into the soil.
- Water your tree when it’s dry and manage its nutrients.
- Inspect the leaves, bark, and trunk for obvious pest and disease issues.
- If a tree insect or disease is spotted, treat the problem early, and mitigate potential damage to the tree.
Thanks to your plant health care program:
- You’ve provided all the ingredients to grow a healthy tree.
- Now, your honey locust is less likely to be attacked by a pest like the honey locust borer that favors stressed, weakened trees. In this case, you can skip the cost of honey locust borer treatments.
- If a problem is found during a tree inspection, you can seek early treatment, which is typically more effective.
- You get to enjoy trees’ continual, cost-saving benefits.
WHAT DO PLANT HEALTH CARE PROGRAMS INCLUDE?
At Cambium, each plant health care program is personalized for the specific trees, plants and troubles in your yard.